Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Chinese Style!

Christ Church Shamian Island
Easter Dresses
Happy Girl!
Ice cream in the park
I love Ice Cream!

Sunday was Easter. We slept late, had a big breakfast, and went to church. We went to the longest Easter service I have ever been to, about 2 hours. It was a combined Chinese and English service at the Christ Church Shamian Island. We probably understood about 1/4 of it but it was nice to be there on such a special day. After church, we went and walked the Island. Overall it was just a nice day to relax. For some reason, this time, getting to Guangzhou has been a relief. I think because there was not much to do in Hefei. And, it is much warmer here, so no big heavy coats to carry and drag with us. I also came to realization. I love Sichuanese food and Cantonese food. I am not so sure about Hefei style cuisine. I have no trouble the last two times in Chongqing finding Chinese food to eat. In Hefei, I struggled. I just did not care for it. Last night we went to a nice Cantonese food. All the dishes were familiar to me from all of the banquets, etc... that we had been to in the States. I ate something more than just rice and soup.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Wow- what a beautiful family. Can you believe it's almost time to go home? I have completely enjoyed your blog and can't wait until you're back on the boards too! Thank you again for the wonderful pictures of Cate! Kim

Andrea Nielsen said...

You have a beautiful family...I love the whole family ice cream picture. I know it must be nice to walk around and enjoy the beautiful weather. I love hearing about the island from others since we saw very little when there... (it was July and so hot I thought we would melt if we went much farther than a few blocks from the hotel!)
congratulations again..you'll be home soon!

liasmomma said...

Love how Annie is leaning against Patrick and she has her little leg in that cute position. Keep blogging once you're home so we don't go into withdrawals :)

Trish

Redmom2005 said...

Greetings from Fort Wayne, Indiana! We're finally back home!! I'm have a great time catching up on all of my "favorite" blogs! Your girls are absolutely beautiful! The picture of the three of them together is priceless!! So.......you'll be coming home SOON!! YEAH!! I'll bet you're ready! Thanks for sharing so many great pictures along the way!! Hope the time in Guangzhou goes by quickly!!

Erin DeNicolo

Sue said...

So glad to hear you all are well and enjoying GZ. The girls are all just adorable! Ying has such a soulful stare. Mei is a cutie patootie! And Annie...well. She is cute but boy you can see that little "devil" look in her eyes! Have a safe trip home!!!

GreatStory said...

I have been following religiously...I cannot wait until you are back home, Jeff and the kids and I are anxiously waiting...please call us when you are settled and ready to venture out as a family of 5 of course when you go with us, it will be "table for 10 please"...be safe and GOD BLESS!!!